Thursday, May 29, 2014

Vintage Aztec Chic

Vintage Onyx Aztec Brooch- Mexico Sterling
This piece of garage sale chic was a favorite of my mothers.  It is actually a pin, but mom added a long chain woven through the crown and wore it as a necklace.

When she rescued it, the silver was totally black, and it was pretty special to see what emerged when she polished it up.  I love all the intricate designs, and the swinging earrings on the mask.  I don't want to shine it up too much; I think the tarnished areas add more depth and interest to the design- very funky and interesting.


3 comments:

  1. This is a very different and special piece- thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and your voice. Now whenever I miss you, I'll know just where to find at least some of you.

    ReplyDelete