Monday, June 2, 2014

Older Stuart Nye Double Galax silver brooch

Stuart Dye Double Galax brooch
Stuart Nye jewellery just feels like North Carolina.  Still crafted with love in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, Nye designs show natural forms of leaves and flowers that are native to the state and have a simple artistic lines that never go out of style.  

Stuart Nye was self-taught and began creating his jewellery in 1933.  He expanded into using copper as well when there were metal shortages during WWII.  The Stuart Nye line also includes some jewellery in brass.

Galax leaves are a brilliant shiny green that are low to the ground.  They have a tall stem with small white flowers.  The leaves are the prettiest part.  I always think of the North Carolina mountains when I wear this pin.

Blue Ridge mountains near Asheville

6 comments:

  1. I love the stories behind each of your pieces! What a beautiful record of your family history and your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a fun journey, and I will learn a lot as well-

      Delete
  2. I can relate to the photo Meg. Have lots of similar ones from when we visited you there. Now I will look out for the brooch too! :)

    ReplyDelete